Thursday, March 15, 2012

matchy matchy



tie - c/o flapper girl
shirt - old navy
belt - from another dress
shoes - modcloth
skirt - c/o francescas

I'm not really hep to the rules of fashion but I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to match all of your accessories nowadays, right? Like shoes/belt/tie/purse all the same color?? Heaven forbid! But I really love matching. I even like matching my outfits to my hair color sometimes. Maybe I've watched a few too many Doris Day movies, but I just really adore it when an outfit looks like everything was made to be worn together.

So when I got this super cute lady tie in the mail, I immediately skimmed my closet looking for a hue match, and found it in this belt and these shoes. There's something so satisfying about seeing a new item that goes perfectly with something you already owned, and then wearing them together all matchy-matchy.

psst! I also like wearing white after Labor Day! shocking!