Last month I found a vintage bridesmaid gown for $25. It had a high neckline, banded sleeves and the most noisy, stiff taffeta lining I've ever seen. But it also had an embroidered bodice to die for! So I got it and hoped my sewing skills were good enough to turn it into something lovely and more casual.
Last night I put my talents to the test. I took off the collar and created a new neckline with binding tape. I took off the banding on the sleeves and shortened them to just under the scalloped crochet detail for a fluttery effect. I cut out the old taffeta lining, sewed in a new white cotton one and hemmed the sheer overlay. And by golly, it worked!
I am SO happy with how this came out!! I didn't even want to go to sleep last night because it meant having to change out of my new favorite dress into pajamas ;D
look what I (sort of) made #5: bridesmaid gown restyle
adventures in sewing|clothes|clothing|fashion|look what i made|outfit posts|restyle|
- look what I made #6: navy sweetheart dress
- shop my closet update
- merci beaucoup!
- wishlist wednesday // pie dress!
- my favorite kitty photobomb ever
- my little pony
- modcloth sale loot!
- modcloth sale alert!!
- The 3rd annual $1 print sale
- Guest post: vintage book collecting by Andi B Good...
- Guest post: ice cream headband DIY by Kailey from ...
- my cats and a sweater with cats on it
- hard decisions
- the awkward call for sponsors...
- how to make a seamless repeating pattern
- seafoam dreams
- exciting news!
- lonely tourist charlotte charles
- this actually happened.
- Simple bouffant bun updo
- look what I (sort of) made #5: bridesmaid gown res...
- 100 swans and a cat
- The most wonderful time of the year
- Giveaway: Le Bunny Bleu shoes!! [closed]
- black and white and mint all over
- bugging out
- ▼ August (29)
- ► 2011 (472)