Monday, October 22, 2012

my super exciting no-longer secret news!!



I've been working on this for almost a year and hinting about it for months and now I am FINALLY ready to spill the beans! You guys, I am so excited and nervous about this I could burst. I hope you're as smitten with it as I am :D

Today I am launching my new shop, Sweet and Lovely!



My goal for this shop is to share my love of all things pastel, rainbow, frilly, dainty, sweet, and lovely. The store is stocked to the brim with accessories, jewelry, and a new line of mini paintings I created exclusively for Sweet and Lovely based on vintage photobooth pictures. I've also merged this store with The Book Fair, which you'll now find in the Nostalgia category!

I'll be doing several posts over the next couple days to share everything that went into the shop, but to begin with I want to highlight a few of my absolute favorite products! :D



Hands down, this is my favorite. I've had the idea in my sketchpad forever and I was so excited to finally make it a reality! I make the clouds from lightweight clay, and then connect them with five strands of pastel plastic chain to create a quirky sweater clip set! I made one for myself that I've been wearing constantly... it was so hard to not wear it in every single outfit post lately but I wanted to wait until the shop was ready! :D



This product is the most important to me. I took a pencil portrait that I drew of Hypatia and had it silk screened on cotton tote bags. The bags themselves are pretty awesome (I may be biased since she's my cat, but I'm pretty sure her face --basically any cat's face to be honest-- is objectively adorable) but even more awesome is the fact that $10 from each bag is going to be donated to the animal rescue group that saved Hypatia (and Chloe and Hubble!) Animals in Distress.



My constant attempts to get Hypatia to pose with the bag have been futile so this was the best I could do at getting a shot of her with the tote bag lol ;p



Last but not least, here is one of my new mini paintings! They all measure 3" x 3" and feature classic vintage ladies with fun colored hair. I have 14 available to start with, and I'll be adding more soon!

This has been such a labor of love, and I really hope you're as excited as I am! :) I feel like this shop reflects my own interests & personality more than anything else I've ever done before, and I have had so much fun working on it! I want so badly for it to be something I can work on and improve upon for years to come :)

PS. A huge thank you to Dana at Wonder Forest for coding my shop design and making it everything I hoped for and more!! :)