Wednesday, June 25, 2014

a girl can never have too many etsy shops



I've been working on a new project that I am super thrilled about and I hope so badly I'm not alone in my enthusiasm, haha!

About a month ago I had a train of thought that probably started with "I'm hungry" and somehow led to "there really needs to be a garlic* fan club," which led to "there should be fan clubs for all KINDS of awesome things" which led to me starting a new etsy shop, of course.

It's called Your Fan Club - and the premise is that there is a fan club for everyone. I brainstormed and came up with about 40 fan clubs to start with, but I'm planning on adding more on a weekly basis. From the very obscure (Bradford Dillman Fan Club, a nod to Millie) to the kind of obscure (Joan Blondell Fan Club) to the cult favorites (Bill Murray and Ira Glass Fan Clubs) to the pop culture heroes (Dwight Schrute and Ron Swanson Fan Clubs) to the science rock stars (Carl Sagan and Nikola Tesla Fan Clubs.) There's food, people, animals (well, animal. just dinosaurs at the moment) and even causes like feminism and kindness.

The fan club pins are all 1" and laser-cut from black and white acrylic and feature my drawings in the center of each pin (except for the heart on the kindness pin, that was clipart courtesy of photoshop.) I'm really excited about the classic movie pins -- I've been wanting to re-purpose some of my old drawings and paintings and this was the perfect way to do it! You better believe I'm keeping a Robert Montgomery fan club pin for myself ;)

*And* I also have custom listings in case your fan club isn't listed. Want a pin for the Basil Ice Cream Fan Club? How about the Rubber Ducky Fan Club? Literally anything is possible. Technically they don't even have to say fan club! If you want to order a custom pin with different text that's totally fine!

*AND* the pins are kind of super cheap. They're only $6 each or 4 for $20. I also have a listing for 12 pins for $48, which is perfect for ordering the most awesome party favors or stocking stuffers EVER.

Ok, that's about it! If you want to check out the shop, it's Your Fan Club and you can pop over and visit right here. yay!



*I'm not kidding, this train of thought also involved me wrangling my family into attending the Garlic Festival in The Poconos in August.

UPDATE 12/2017 -- This etsy shop is now closed but you can still find most of my fan club buttons in my shop here.